The Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA), a division of The Center for American and International Law, announces the appointment of five new members to its prestigious Academic Council.
Members of the ITA Academic Council are top academic scholars in the field of international arbitration. They play a key role in ITA leadership, program design, publications and educational videos. The council also has a leading role in organizing the annual ITA-ASIL Conference with the American Society of International Law in Washington, D.C.
Joining the ITA Academic Council are:
- Julian Arato, Associate Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School, New York, N.Y.
- Laurence Boisson de Chazournes, Professor of Law, Law Faculty, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
- Diane Desierto, Associate Professor of Human Rights Law and Global Affairs, University of Notre Dame – Keough School of Global Affairs, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Tomoko Ishikawa, Associate Professor, Nagoya University, Graduate School of International Development Furo-Cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Japan
- Patrick W. Pearsall, Partner, Chair of Public International Law, Jenner & Block LLP and also Adjunct Faculty of Georgetown Law, Washington, D.C.
“We are very pleased to welcome these outstanding scholars in the international arbitration community to our Academic Council,” said ITA Director David Winn.
“These accomplished individuals will help strengthen ITA activities and the educational resources we provide to lawyers, judges, law professors, government officials and others concerned with international arbitration of commercial and investment disputes,” said Winn.
The new Academic Council members were appointed to a three-year term during the ITA Workshop and Annual Meeting in Plano, Texas in June 2019.
ITA provides advanced professional education and networking through its programs, scholarly publications and membership activities for lawyers, arbitrators, judges, professors, government officials and other professionals concerned with transnational arbitration of commercial and investment disputes. Its members come from more than 55 countries and 30 U.S. states, including many of the world’s leading international companies, law firms, arbitrators and arbitration counsel.
Contact: Ellen Beth Levitt, Communications Manager
972-244-3437 or 410-598-4711 (cell)