52nd Annual Program Short Course on Estate Planning
February 3-5, 2016 - Plano
Mark your calendars and join us in Plano for the annual estate planning course. This year we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Professor Johanson’s participation with a CAIL program!
Co-chaired by Santo Bisignano, Jr. (Bisignano Harrison Neuhoff LLP) and Michael V. Bourland (Bourland, Wall & Wenzel, P.C.), this annual program is designed for the new lawyer, CPA, financial planner and trust officer whose primary career focus requires a thorough knowledge of estate planning. We have an all-star lineup discussing a wide range of topics.
The program features Professor Stanley M. Johanson (The University of Texas School of Law), Darin N. Digby (Schoenbaum, Curphy & Scanlan, P.C.), Stephen R. Akers (Bessemer Trust Company), Alvin J. Golden (Ikard Golden Jones, P.C.) and Melissa J. Willms (Davis & Willms, PLLC).
The conference begins with Professor Johanson’s Basic Estate Planning Principles and Strategies. After laying the ground work, the rest of the team follows with hit after hit:
- Al Golden on Marital Deduction Planning and Portability;
- Melissa Willms discussing Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts;
- Sandy Bisignano helping to understand Life Insurance Planning and Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts;
- Darin Digby explaining Gifting Techniques and an Overview of the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax;
- Mike Bourland giving a Primer on Charitable Planning; and
- Steve Akers highlighting Hot Topics in Estate Planning. And there’s more!
Join us in Plano this February and see and hear the whole team. And of course, wish Professor Johanson a happy 50th!