- in San Antonio, Texas, USA
Alamo Area Council of Governments - Law Enforcement Academy
12625 Wetmore Road, Suite 436
San Antonio, TX 78247
(Located at the back of the property in the Wetmore Business Park II)
Credits:28 Hours TCOLE Credit
The process for managing and investigating complaints against law enforcement personnel can be complex, sensitive and highly-charged. This four day, nationally prominent program will provide participants with the knowledge and insights required to conduct and administer timely, objective and thorough internal affairs inquiries.
Tuition includes all instruction and handouts. Lodging and meals are excluded.
- $690 ILEA Member
- $790 Non-member
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
- Use of Force and Preliminary Force Investigations
- Workplace Searches
- Compelled Statements and Exculpatory Evidence
- The Professional Standards Concept
- Root Causes of Discipline Issues
- Interviewing the Accused
- Due Process Rights
- Concepts of Police Discipline
Who Should Attend
- Internal affairs investigators and managers
- Police department legal staff
- Human resources personnel
- Law enforcement supervisors and executives
- 8:30am – 4:30pm daily
Hotels in the Area of the AACOG – Tesoro Drive and the AACOG Academy – Wetmore Road
AACOG does not endorse any particular hotel. The following is a list for information purposes.
- Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport - 8818 Jones Maltsberger, San Antonio, Texas 78216, Download flyer
- Holiday Inn – 77 North East Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78216 (210) 349-9900, www.holidayinn.com/sat-intlapt
- Springhill Suites – 514 NE East Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78216 (210) 804-2266, www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/satsa-springhill-suites-san-antonio-airport
- Crowne Plaza – 1111 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78209 (210) 828-9031, www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/san-antonio/sattd/hoteldetail
- Court Yard Marriott – 8615 Broadway Road, San Antonio, Texas 78217 (210) 828-7200, hwww.marriott.com/hotels/travel/satca-courtyard-san-antonio-airport
Law enforcement personnel attending this course are eligible for twenty-eight (28) hours of Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) credit.
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.
The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration provides professional education and technical support to the law enforcement community.
A registrant in an ILEA program must be a sworn officer; a civilian employee of a law enforcement department; or an employee of a municipal, county or state agency.
Anyone interested in attending an ILEA program who does not meet the above standard requirements will need to request advance approval. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.