Attendees will learn key principles of people-centered leadership, communication styles, and character development that will enhance their ability to motivate, teach and lead each other in a team-oriented manner. These tools will help whether they are a formal leader, informal leader or a team member. These goals will be accomplished by using a combination of dialogue, practical exercise, and case-study teaching methods.
What People Say
All the information was fresh and relevant, and the instructors were awesome!
-LaTasha Vaughn, Baylor Scott & White Health Public Safety
Class was very enjoyable. I learned a lot about myself and other people in my organization.
-Dorothea Simon, Dallas County Sheriff’s Dept.
Highly recommend class to other depts and co-workers.
-Chinle Police Dept, Chinle, AZ
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
- The Leadership Compass
- Values-based Leadership
- Aligning Personal and Professional Ethics
- Leadership Styles and Communication
- Motivation and Managing Conflict
Over the course of this program, each participant will develop and take away:
- A personalized leadership philosophy and value system.
- A “snapshot” of their personal and professional leadership style, and insights on the ways in which their style blends or conflicts with others.
- Personal and organizational steps that can be employed to build or enhance an agency-wide integrity.
Tuition includes all instruction and handouts. Lodging and meals are excluded.
- $450 Registration Fee
Who Should Attend
All-level employees: new supervisors, veteran supervisors interested in “sharpening their saw”, senior officers, sworn and non-sworn employees
Daily 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Discounted rates available at the following hotels:
- Comfort Suites / 11 Waters Edge Cir / Georgetown / 512.863.7544
- Candlewood Suites / 451 N I-35 / Georgetown / 512.591.7888
- Sheraton / 1101 Woodlawn Ave / Georgetown / 866.716.8134
- Hampton Inn / 160 River Oaks Cove / Georgetown / 512.688.5300
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.
The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration provides professional education and technical support to the law enforcement community.
A registrant in an ILEA program must be a sworn officer; a civilian employee of a law enforcement department; or an employee of a municipal, county or state agency.
Anyone interested in attending an ILEA program who does not meet the above standard requirements will need to request advance approval. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.