This two-week interactive and experiential program is designed to equip and inspire new supervisors, and reinvigorate senior supervisors, for the challenges of the fast paced and fluid world of law enforcement leadership. This course will meet the basic requirements established by TCOLE for the preparation of new supervisors for their supervisory role. Successful graduates of this course will receive credit for the TCOLE New Supervisor’s Course 3737.
Open to all Law Enforcement Agencies.
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
- Building and Maintaining Your Legacy
- Case Law Update and Supervisory Responsibility
- Diversity through Ethical Leadership
- Employee Motivation and Counseling
- Excellence in Policing
- Honoring Boundaries
- Leadership 101
- Leadership Styles and Communication
- Media Relations
- Team Leadership Communication
- Risk Management
- Role Identification and Transition
- ROPES Course
Who Should Attend?
- This course is aimed at newly promoted sworn and civilian supervisors; however, veteran supervisors wishing to sharpen the saw will also find this course beneficial.
- $550 per person - Special reduced rate for TMLIRP member agencies*
- $1,100 per person for non-TMLIRP members
*If any TMLIRP member agency participant does not complete the course, either the participant or the participant’s employer shall instead be responsible for the remaining $550 payment to ILEA.
Location / Class Hours
- Edinburg Police Department Training Building / 1309 North Doolittle / Edinburg 78539
- 8:30am to 4:30pm daily with the exception of the final day which concludes at 12:00 noon
Law enforcement personnel attending this course are eligible for seventy (70) hours of Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) credit (3737).
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.
The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration provides professional education and technical support to the law enforcement community.
A registrant in an ILEA program must be a sworn officer; a civilian employee of a law enforcement department; or an employee of a municipal, county or state agency.
Anyone interested in attending an ILEA program who does not meet the above standard requirements will need to request advance approval. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.