Staff and Adjunct Faculty
Associate Director, Institute for Law Enforcement Administration & Police Leadership Programs
Mr. Smith specializes in Applied Law Enforcement Ethics and Multi-Cultural Education. He currently manages the Institute’s Schools of Police Supervision and the Diversity Education Programs. He is also responsible for developing and conducting in-service police training programs for multiple agencies throughout the United States and Canada.
From 1990-1999, Mr. Smith served as a Texas Peace Officer with the Baylor University-Medical Police Department, in Dallas, Texas. He served in Patrol and managed the Crime Prevention and Community Services Section. He was instrumental in establishing numerous programs designed to reduce crime, prevent workplace violence and mediate workplace and community disputes for the Baylor Health Care System.
Gregory served more than 21 years with the United States Army and the United States Army Reserve. His military career began with his enlistment into the Indiana National Guard in 1981, where he served as a Cavalry Scout and Military Police Officer. During his career he progressed in ranks from Private to Major, and has held numerous positions in the Infantry Corps at Company, Battalion, Brigade and Theater levels.
In the area of professional development, Mr. Smith has coauthored a book on diversity communication, Navigating Diversity: An Advocates Guide Through the Maze of Race, Gender, Religion and More. He is also a Qualified Administer of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (M.B.T.I.), and a National Training Associate with the Insight Learning Foundation.
In his hometown Mr. Smith has served on the city of Arlington’s Youth and Families Board. The Arlington Independent School District’s Financial Review Committee and is currently an active Football Coach, Basketball Referee and Central Branch Advisory Board Member with YMCA of Arlington, Texas.
Mr. Smith is a graduate of the 53rd School of Police Supervision of the Southwestern Law Enforcement Institute and the Leadership in Police Organizations Course, sponsored by the International Association of Chiefs of Police. Gregory holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, with Minors in Multi-Cultural Education and Military Science, and a Master of Arts degree in Sociology, (specializing in Social Psychology) from the University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas. Gregory is married to Tammera, (a public school teacher). They have four children, daughter Natjar and sons, Adam, Stanton, and Stayton, all reside in Arlington.
Executive Staff Assistant, Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
Ms. Harris is the lead administrative assistant for the Institute. She has served with The Center for American and International Law and the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration for over 20 years.
Staff Assistant, Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
Ms. Zaccardo is a staff administrative assistant working primarily with The Center for Law Enforcement Ethics. Ms. Zaccardo has over 10 years of service with The Center for American and International Law.
- Roy E. Alston, Ph.D., Lieutenant, Dallas Police Dept., TX
- Gregory Anderson, Chief, Oak Forest Police Dept., IL
- Patricia L. Bates, Diversity Consultant, Dallas, TX
- Theron L. Bowman, Ph.D., Deputy City Manager, City of Arlington, TX
- Jeffrey Chamberlain, Attorney at Law, Albany, NY
- Alejandro (Alex) del Carmen, Ph.D., Professor and Director, Tarleton State University, Fort Worth, TX
- Cheryl L. Dunlop, Director of Administrative Services, City of Rockwall, TX
- Timothy J. Freesmeyer, Etico Solutions, Inc., Macomb, IL
- Eric J. Fritsch, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Criminal Justice, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- David Golden, Senior Intelligence Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, TSA, Dallas, TX
- Rusty K. Goodpaster, Executive Director, Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, IN
- Mark R. Hafner, Chief, Keller Police Dept., TX
- Andrew Harvey, Major, Dallas Police Dept., TX
- Lauretta Hill, Deputy Chief, Miami Beach Police Dept., FL
- Richard A. Holden, Interim Director, Caruth Police Institute, Dallas, TX
- David N. James, Chief (Ret.), Carrollton Police Dept., TX
- Gregory K. Jones, Training Manager, Baylor Health Care System DPS, Dallas, TX
- John Jones, Ph.D., Professor (Ret.), Law and Justice Centre, Sir Sanford Fleming College, Ontario, Canada
- Douglas Kowalski, Chief, Prosper Police Dept., TX
- Timothy J. Longo, Sr., Chief, Charlottesville Police Dept., VA
- Thomas E. Meloni, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Western Illinois University, IL
- Michael J. Mirarchi, Attorney and Employment Law Consultant, Mirarchi Management Group, Plano, TX
- Catherine J. Nanton, M.A., Professor, Fanshawe College, Ontario, Canada
- Colin Nanton, Chaplain, Woodstock Police Service, Ontario, Canada
- Steven M. Otto, Business Development Consultant, Public Safety Services for Multi-Health Systems, Bedford, TX
- Judy Pal, Director of Operations, FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association (FBI-LEEDA), Malvern, PA
- Daniel T. Primozic, Ph.D., Consultant, McKinney, TX
- John M. Ray, Ph.D., Executive Chief Deputy, Tarrant County Sheriff's Office, Ft. Worth, TX
- Charles A. Rohre, Senior Consultant, The Waters Consulting Group, Dallas, TX
- Patt Scheckel-Hollingsworth, Police Academy Supervisor, North Central Texas Council of Governments, Arlington, TX
- A. Jay Six, Jr., Chief Deputy, Tarrant County Sheriff’s Dept., Fort Worth, TX
- Rick Smith, Senior Lecturer, University of Texas at Arlington, TX
- Warren Spencer, Attorney, Euless, TX
- Kristin Spivey, Detention Manager, Grand Prairie Police Dept., TX
- Mark Stallo, Ph.D., Lieutenant, Dallas Police Dept., TX
- Mac Tristan, Chief, Coppell Police Dept., TX
- Joe C. Tooley, Attorney, Rockwall, TX
- Diane Wetherbee, Attorney, McKamie Krueger LLP, Dallas, TX
- Cheryl Wilson, Chief, Lancaster Police Dept., TX