Time is Money
An authoritative explanation of the Fair Labor Standards Act for Law Enforcement Personnel. This publication covers virtually every FLSA question likely to arise within police and corrections jobs nationwide, carefully organized and indexed to permit efficient use and includes extensive (but unobtrusive) legal references such as:
- The policies and purposes of the FLSA
- What the FLSA rules actually say
- Navigating FLSA technicalities
- Who’s exempt and who’s nonexempt?
- When is FLSA overtime pay required?
- Computing overtime pay
- How FLSA litigation works
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- “7k” work periods, K-9 units, and comp time
- Detectives and training