- in Plano, Texas, USA
at The Center for American and International Law
5201 Democracy Drive
Plano, Texas 75024
3 seats available. Please contact Karen Zaccardo (1.972.244.3447) to register.
Credits:TCOLE Credit will be available
Funded by a grant from the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, this program will address Brady Issues in U.S. Policing.
- $0.00 - Texas Law Enforcement Officer
- $100.00 - Civilian with a Texas or other US Law Enforcement Agency
- $100.00 - US (non-Texas) Law Enforcement Officer
This includes all instruction and handouts. Lodging and meals are excluded.
- Thursday and Friday - 9 am - 4 pm
Agenda and Faculty
- Mark Smith, The Center for American and International Law
Awareness of Mental Health Issues/Why CIT?
- Tom von Hemert, CIT Coordinator, Thomas Jefferson Area Crisis Intervention Team
Introduction to Clinical States/Suicide Intervention Skills/PTSD
- Lori Wood, Prevention Director, Region Ten CSB
Hearing Voices – Audio Exercise
- Tom von Hemert
- Chief Timothy Longo, Charlottesville Police Department
Introduction to Psychological Effects on War Veterans & PTSD
Verbal & Non-verbal De-Escalation Techniques & Basic Crisis Intervention
- Det. Mike Wells, Albermarle Police Department
CIT Four Coaching Plays
- Det. Mike Wells
What You Need for a CIT Program: Documents / Protocols / Procedures / Team
- Tom von Hemert
- Philip Koppe, Assistant United States Attorney
Brady Issues in Law Enforcement
- Capt. Michael Hicks, Kansas City Police Department
- Major Richard Smith, Kansas City Police Department
Brady Issues in Law Enforcement – cont’d.
Hyatt Place Plano welcomes our guests attending Best Practices in Law Enforcement Investigations at The Center for American and International Law. We have set aside a block of rooms with a group rate of $92 plus applicable fees/taxes for 8/19/2015-8/22/2015.
Please make your reservations by 8/6/2015. As long as the reservation is made by this date, and the group block has availability, you will receive the group rate. Any reservations not received on or before this cut-off date are subject to hotel availability at the best available prevailing rate.
Book online at dallasplano.place.hyatt.com
Type in Arrival/Departure Dates
Enter Group/Corporate #: G-CL45
Call 888-HYATT-HP (888.492.8847) or 972.378.3997
Dates available: 8/19/2015-8/22/2015
Mention the group name: CAILAW Best Practices in Law Enforcement Investigations
- A valid credit card is required to make reservations
- Tax Exemption Certificates and Credit Card Authorization Forms may be faxed to the hotel directly at 972.608.4427 prior to your arrival.
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.