in Plano, Texas, USA
at The Center for American and International Law
5201 Democracy Drive
Plano, Texas 75024
Online registration is closed. Walk-in registration will be accepted for this conference.View Map
Credits:TCOLE Credit will be available
Funded by a grant from the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, this program will address Brady Issues in U.S. Policing.
More information coming soon!
Tuition includes all instruction and handouts. Lodging and travel are excluded.
- Sworn Texas Law Enforcement Officer - $0
- Civilian with a Texas or other US law enforcement agency - $50
- U.S. (non-Texas) Law Enforcement Officer - $50
Schedule and Faculty
Brady and the Michael Morton Act
- Curtis Howard, Senior Legal Advisor, Plano Police Department, Plano, TX
Brady Issues in Law Enforcement
- Captain Michael Hicks, Kansas City Police Department, Kansas City, MO
- Christopher Scott, Exoneree, House of Renewed Hope, Dallas, TX
Investigative Successes: Preventing Wrongful Convictions (breaks included)
- Bill Wirskye, First Assistant, Collin County District Attorney’s Office, McKinney, TX
Hyatt Place Plano welcomes our guests attending ILEA - Best Practices, at The Center for American and International Law. We have set aside a block of rooms with a group rate of $97 plus applicable fees/taxes for 8/30/2017 - 8/31/2017.
Please make your reservations by 8/15/2017. As long as the reservation is made by this date, and the group block has availability, you will receive the group rate. Any reservations not received on or before this cut-off date are subject to hotel availability at the best available prevailing rate.
Type in Arrival/Departure Dates
Enter Group/Corporate #: G-CL79
Call 888-HYATT-HP (888.492.8847) or 972.378.3997
Dates available: 8/30/2017 - 8/31/2017
Mention the group name: CAILAW / Best Practices
- A valid credit card is required to make reservations
- Tax Exemption Certificates and Credit Card Authorization Forms may be faxed to the hotel directly at 972.608.4427 prior to your arrival.
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.