Louisiana Sergeant Academy
Hosted by Lafayette Police Dept.
Dec 9-13, 2019 & Jan 13-17, 2020
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
This two-week interactive and experiential program (held in 2 one-week modules) is designed to equip and inspire new supervisors, and reinvigorate senior supervisors, for the challenges of the fast paced and fluid world of law enforcement leadership. Louisiana POST credit will be available. Open to all Law Enforcement Agencies.
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
- Case Law Update and Supervisory Responsibility
- Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Diversity through Ethical Leadership
- Employee Motivation and Counseling
- Ethics in Law Enforcement
- Excellence in Policing, The Concepts of Legitimacy and Procedural Justice
- Leadership 101
- Leadership Styles and Communication
- Preventing Sexual Harassment
- Role Identification and Transition
Who Should Attend?
- This course is aimed at newly promoted sworn and civilian supervisors; however, veteran supervisors wishing to sharpen the saw will also find this course beneficial.
- $1,100 per person ($550 per person per week)
Class Hours / Nearby Hotels
- 8:30am to 4:30pm daily with the exception of the final day which concludes at 12:00 noon
- Download listing of nearby Hotels
Louisiana POST Credit
Louisiana Post credit will be available.
Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Institute for Law Enforcement Administration (ILEA) may be forced to cancel a scheduled program. Whenever possible, the decision to cancel is made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the program, and registered participants are notified once that decision has been made. If the distance to the training site requires that you make airline and/or hotel reservations, please contact ILEA (+1.972.244.3430) to inquire about the status of any program before making travel arrangements. While paid registrations in cancelled courses will be refunded in full, ILEA will not be responsible for monetary loss due to cancellations or changes in airline or hotel reservations.
The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration provides professional education and technical support to the law enforcement community.
A registrant in an ILEA program must be a sworn officer; a civilian employee of a law enforcement department; or an employee of a municipal, county or state agency.
Anyone interested in attending an ILEA program who does not meet the above standard requirements will need to request advance approval. Such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.