Presented by the ITA Young Arbitrators Initiative, CPR Young Attorneys in Alterntive Dispute Resolution, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum, ICDR Young & International and the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group.
A Young Arbitrators Roundtable is hosted on the evening preceding the Winter Forum, at which a panel of young arbitration practitioners discuss topics of interest. All ages are welcome. Separate registration for the Winter Roundtable only is available and includes the Roundtable, the Roundtable meeting materials and the Welcome Reception only.
Download the Brochure (pdf)For more details, download the online brochure.
The ITA Winter Forum is held each winter on alternating coasts in connection with the midyear meetings of the ITA Executive Committee and Academic Council.
- 2012 Year in Review: The Top International Arbitration Developments of 2012
- Works-in-Progress Preview, selected from over 50 submissions:
- Glocalization of Arbitration: Globalization of Law and Divergence of Local Culture
- Towards a New Age of Soft Law in International Investment Law?
- An open ITA Forum for candid dialogue among colleagues in the field
- A stellar faculty of preeminent practitioners and scholars in the field
- A luncheon Interview with Gary Born (WilmerHale, London), named the “World’s Best International Litigator” in a recent peer survey
- Young Arbitrators Winter Roundtable - The Debates, presented by the leading global young arbitrator organizations together
- A variety of social networking opportunities at the magnificent Biltmore Hotel and in beautiful Miami
Winter Roundtable Tuition
Winter Roundtable registration alone includes the January 24 Winter Roundtable program and the Welcome Reception only. Pricing reflects the early-bird tuition discount and regular tuition amount after January 7.
- $75 / $100 - Regular registration fee
- $25 / $50 - Student
- $50 / $75 - Co-sponsor Member
Schedule and Faculty
Download faculty bios (pdf)
- Thomas W. Walsh, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York
Chair, ITA Young Arbitrators Initiative
- Olivier P. André, Special Counsel, Director of Dispute Resolution Services, CPR: International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution, New York
Representative, CPR Young Attorneys in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Victoria Shannon, Deputy Director, Arbitration and ADR, North America, ICC International Court of Arbitration, New York
Representative, ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- Adrián Magallanes, Von Wobeser y Sierra, S.C., Mexico City
Representative, ICDR Young & International
- Jeff Sullivan, Allen & Overy LLP, London
Representative, LCIA Young International Arbitrators Group
Debate: Do Moral Damages Have a Place in Investment Arbitration?
For:Roberto J. Aguirre Luzi, King & Spalding LLP, Houston
Against:Giorgio F. Mandelli, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP, New York
Moderator:Thomas W. Walsh, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York
Debate: May Preconditions to Arbitration be Disregarded?
For:John V.H. Pierce, King & Spalding LLP, Houston
Against:Ank Santens, White & Case LLP, New York
Moderator:Dana C. MacGrath, Chair, CPR Y-ADR, Allen & Overy LLP, New York
Debate: Is there a Role for Summary Adjudication in International Arbitration?
For:Jeff Sullivan, Eversheds LLP, London
Against:Francisco Rodriguez, Akerman Senterfitt LLP, Miami
Moderator:Bonard I. Molina García, Windrose LLP, Washington, D.C.
Welcome Reception for all Winter Forum and Roundtable Registrants and Faculty
The Winter Roundtable is approved by the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of Florida for 2 hours (no ethics). Course ID Number: 901258044. Sign-in sheets and/or certificates of attendance will be available for ALL states.
The cost of housing is not included in the course registration fee. However, rooms have been reserved at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables Hotel, 50 Alhambra Plaza, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Registrants can go online or call (888) 421-1144 and mention group reservation code ITA Winter Forum. The last day to obtain this rate is December 23, 2012.
Tuition, less a $50 cancellation fee will be refunded upon receipt of written cancellation received by January 7, 2013. E-mail cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. After this date, no refunds, but substitution of attendees for this program will be permitted. Registrants not entitled to a refund will receive the course materials.
All ITA conferences are held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants, including journalists, are free to use any information received, but comments may not be attributed to any speaker identiﬁed by name or affiliation.
The Center for American and International Law does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status in educational activities, scholarship programs or admissions.