Oil & Gas E-Report
Inside the Latest Issue:
- Court Holds President Lacks Authority to Unilaterally “Pause” Federal Oil and Gas Leasing
- New IRS Revenue Ruling Provides Opportunities for Financing Carbon Capture Equipment
- United States Supreme Court Blocks New Jersey’s Sovereign Immunity Challenge to FERC Certificate Holder’s Condemnation of State-Owned Land
- Northern District of Illinois Dismisses ICFA Claim in Class Action Against Alternative Retail Natural Gas Supplier
- Louisiana Supreme Court Overrules Prior Decision and Holds That “Excess Remediation Damages” Generally Are Not Available in Oilfield Contamination Cases
- Fifth Circuit Holds Removal was Timely in Louisiana Coastal Land Loss Litigation
- Ohio Supreme Court Further Clarifies Exception Under Ohio’s Marketable Title Act
- Oklahoma Supreme Court Holds Claim for Overriding Royalties was Timely Asserted
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Elaborates on the “Look Through” Jurisdictional Analysis for Federal Arbitration Act Petitions and Holds the Phrase “Arising Out Of” Is Broad in the Context of Arbitration Clauses
- FERC Must Try Again Regarding Brownsville LNG Terminals and LNG Pipelines
- New Legislation Signals Strong Support for CCUS in Texas
The Oil & Gas E-Report is a quarterly newsletter that began in 2018. It contains articles of current interest to oil and gas practitioners and is assembled by a geographically diverse group of editors from private practice, in-house, and academia. This e-publication is the successor to IEL’s print publication, the Oil and Gas Reporter, which was published from 1952-2017.
IEL E-Communications Committee Chair
- Eric C. Camp, Decker Jones, PC
- Keith B. Hall, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- David Ammons, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Ken Bullock, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Marcella Burke, King & Spalding LLP
- Reagan L. Butts, Mewbourne Oil Company
- Mark Christiansen
- Kevin G. Corcoran, Hedrick Kring PLLC
- Vanessa Dittman, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Edward Duhé, Liskow & Lewis
- Sharon Flanery, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Urs Broderick Furrer, Harriton & Furrrer, LLP
- Drew Gann, McGuireWoods LLP
- Michael Gray, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Yvonne E. Hennessey, Barclay Damon LLP
- Kara Herrnstein, Bricker & Eckler LLP
- John T. Kalmbach, Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway
- Kenneth Klemm, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Jasper Mason, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Daniel McClure, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- John Morrison, Crowley Fleck PLLP
- Rebeca Mosquera, Akerman LLP
- Barclay Nicholson, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Jeffrey Oliver, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Patrick S. Ottinger, Ottinger Hebert, L.L.C.
- Diana S. Prulhiere, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Niki Roberts, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Gregory D. Russell, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- C. Brannon Robertson, Fernelius Simon Mace Robertson Perdue PLLC
- David E. Sharp, FCIArb, Law Offices of David E. Sharp P.L.L.C.
- Chauntelle R. Wood, Liskow & Lewis
Please forward any comments, submissions, or suggestions to any of the IEL’s Deputy Director, Vickie Adams at email@example.com.