Oil & Gas E-Report
Inside the Latest Issue:
- Amendments to Louisiana Mineral Code
- Amendments to Louisiana’s Carbon Capture and Storage Statutes
- Recent Jurisprudence on the Application of the Louisiana Oilfield Indemnification Act: The Existence of a Well Remains Dispositive
- Court Holds That, Under Circumstances, the Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act Did Not Prohibit Enforcement of Insurance Companies’ Waiver of Subrogation Rights
- Court Interprets Reciprocal Indemnity Obligations in Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Legislation Clarifies Meaning of “Production” for Purposes of Louisiana Severance Tax Exemption
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia Rules on ‘Duty to Defend’ in Contractual Indemnification Provisions
- Texas Appellate Court Decides Ownership of Produced Water
- Permian Basin Lizard Proposed to be Listed as an Endangered Species
- The Ohio Supreme Court Approves Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Frac Equipment and Reverses the Strict Construction Rule of Statutory Tax Exemptions
The Oil & Gas E-Report is a quarterly newsletter that began in 2018. It contains articles of current interest to oil and gas practitioners and is assembled by a geographically diverse group of editors from private practice, in-house, and academia. This e-publication is the successor to IEL’s print publication, the Oil and Gas Reporter, which was published from 1952-2017.
IEL Communications Committee Chair
- Luís Miranda, Miranda Law Firm
- Keith B. Hall, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- David Ammons, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Ken Bullock, Frost Brown Todd LLP
- Marcella Burke, Burke Law Group
- Reagan L. Butts, Mewbourne Oil Company
- Kevin G. Corcoran, Hedrick Kring PLLC
- Edward Duhé, Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Sharon Flanery, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Urs Broderick Furrer, Harriton & Furrer, LLP
- Drew Gann, McGuireWoods LLP
- Michael Gray, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Kara Herrnstein, Bricker & Eckler LLP
- John T. Kalmbach, Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway
- Kenneth Klemm, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Daniel McClure, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- John Morrison, Crowley Fleck PLLP
- Barclay Nicholson, Sheppard Mullin
- Jeffrey Oliver, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Patrick S. Ottinger, Ottinger Hebert, L.L.C.
- Diana S. Prulhiere, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Niki Roberts, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- C. Brannon Robertson, Brannon Robertson Law Firm PLLC
- Gregory D. Russell, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- David E. Sharp, FCIArb, Law Offices of David E. Sharp P.L.L.C.
- Chauntelle R. Wood, Baker Botts L.L.P.
Please forward any comments, submissions, or suggestions to any of the IEL’s Deputy Director, Vickie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.