Oil & Gas E-Report
Inside the Latest Issue:
- Abstention doctrines’ impact on energy litigation
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration (CCS)
- Colorado Supreme Court to hear ‘commercial discovery rule’ challenge
- Texas Supreme Court interprets “free of cost in the pipe line”
- Texas court interprets “gross negligence or willful misconduct” in JOA
- D.C. Court vacates largest offshore lease sale in nation’s history
- Applying La. law, court rejects disgorgement of profits as remedy for trespassing pipeline
- N.D. Supreme Court applies “dispute of title” exception in royalty payment statute
- New federal safety rule finalized for natural gas gathering lines
- Texas court decides whether pipeline burial covenant follows surface or mineral estate
- Texas cases reconcile “at the well” royalty clause with limits in “free use” of gas clause
- Operator runs afoul of Louisiana’s Well Cost Reporting Statute
- Court holds Ohio law allows operator to use netback method for “at the wellhead” royalty
- Opinion and Analysis: Electric Vehicles and The Environment
The Oil & Gas E-Report is a quarterly newsletter that began in 2018. It contains articles of current interest to oil and gas practitioners and is assembled by a geographically diverse group of editors from private practice, in-house, and academia. This e-publication is the successor to IEL’s print publication, the Oil and Gas Reporter, which was published from 1952-2017.
IEL E-Communications Committee Chair
- Eric C. Camp, Decker Jones, PC
- Keith B. Hall, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- David Ammons, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Ken Bullock, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Marcella Burke, King & Spalding LLP
- Reagan L. Butts, Mewbourne Oil Company
- Kevin G. Corcoran, Hedrick Kring PLLC
- Vanessa Dittman, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Edward Duhé, Liskow & Lewis
- Sharon Flanery, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Urs Broderick Furrer, Harriton & Furrrer, LLP
- Drew Gann, McGuireWoods LLP
- Michael Gray, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Yvonne E. Hennessey, Barclay Damon LLP
- Kara Herrnstein, Bricker & Eckler LLP
- John T. Kalmbach, Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway
- Kenneth Klemm, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Jasper Mason, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Daniel McClure, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- John Morrison, Crowley Fleck PLLP
- Barclay Nicholson, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Jeffrey Oliver, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Patrick S. Ottinger, Ottinger Hebert, L.L.C.
- Diana S. Prulhiere, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Niki Roberts, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Gregory D. Russell, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- C. Brannon Robertson, Fernelius Simon Mace Robertson Perdue PLLC
- David E. Sharp, FCIArb, Law Offices of David E. Sharp P.L.L.C.
- Chauntelle R. Wood, Baker Botts L.L.P.
Please forward any comments, submissions, or suggestions to any of the IEL’s Deputy Director, Vickie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.