Oil & Gas E-Report
Inside the Latest Issue:
- Ohio Supreme Court Further Clarifies ‘Reasonable Diligence’ Standard Under the Dormant Mineral Act
- Colonial Pipeline 2021 Ransomware Incident and Responses
- Pennsylvania Appellate Court Distinguishes Between a “reservation” and an “exception” in Deciding Oil and Gas Case
- Colorado Clarifies Application of Centerline Presumption to Minerals
- North Dakota Lease Was Effective Upon Delivery to Grantee Despite Side-Agreement Providing That There Was an Option to Lease
- North Dakota Supreme Court Declares Unconstitutional a Statute That Would Have Allowed Companies to Use Subsurface Pore Spaces Without Compensation to Landowners
- ORRI “Anti-Washout” Provision Not Binding on Lease Assignees
- A Local Government in Louisiana Seeks to Block Carbon Capture and Storage; Prospective Operator Fights Back
- Third Circuit Reaffirms Natural Gas Act’s Exclusive-Review Framework
- Mississippi Supreme Court Holds Plaintiff in Oilfield Contamination Case Need Not Exhaust Administrative Remedies
The Oil & Gas E-Report is a quarterly newsletter that began in 2018. It contains articles of current interest to oil and gas practitioners and is assembled by a geographically diverse group of editors from private practice, in-house, and academia. This e-publication is the successor to IEL’s print publication, the Oil and Gas Reporter, which was published from 1952-2017.
IEL Communications Committee Chair
- Luís Miranda, Miranda Law Firm
- Keith B. Hall, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- David Ammons, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Ken Bullock, Frost Brown Todd LLP
- Marcella Burke, Eversheds Sutherland, LLP
- Reagan L. Butts, Mewbourne Oil Company
- Kevin G. Corcoran, Hedrick Kring PLLC
- Edward Duhé, Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Sharon Flanery, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Urs Broderick Furrer, Harriton & Furrrer, LLP
- Drew Gann, McGuireWoods LLP
- Michael Gray, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Kara Herrnstein, Bricker & Eckler LLP
- John T. Kalmbach, Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway
- Kenneth Klemm, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Jasper Mason, Marathon Oil Company
- Daniel McClure, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- John Morrison, Crowley Fleck PLLP
- Barclay Nicholson, Sheppard Mullin
- Jeffrey Oliver, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Patrick S. Ottinger, Ottinger Hebert, L.L.C.
- Diana S. Prulhiere, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Niki Roberts, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Gregory D. Russell, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- C. Brannon Robertson, Fernelius Simon Mace Robertson Perdue PLLC
- David E. Sharp, FCIArb, Law Offices of David E. Sharp P.L.L.C.
- Chauntelle R. Wood, Baker Botts L.L.P.
Please forward any comments, submissions, or suggestions to any of the IEL’s Deputy Director, Vickie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.