Oil & Gas E-Report
Inside the Latest Issue:
- End of the Trail: Supreme Court to Hear Atlantic Coast Pipeline Appeal Fifth Circuit: Court Finds Request for Payment to New Lessor Not Adequate Notice under Article 137
- Under Statute Authorizing Penalty Against Any Company that “Maintains” Inaccurate Reports, Company had Duty to Correct Its Past Reports After ONNR Notified It of Inaccuracies
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Holds that Plaintiffs Lack Standing to Pursue Case Seeking an Order Requiring that Government Develop a Plan to “Phase Out Fossil Fuel Emissions”
- Laches Held to be a Cognizable Offensive (As Opposed to Defensive) Claim to Establish Title to Mineral Interests in New Mexico
- First Assignee of Oil and Gas Lease Loses Title to a Subsequent Assignee Under New Mexico’s Recording Statute Because of a Defective Notary’s Acknowledgment.
- Ohio Court Requires Notice and Demand for Development Before Lessor Can Claim Breach of Implied Covenant, Even Where Decades Have Passed Since the Last Well was Drilled
- Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals Reverses Lower Court Order Dismissing Claims for Fraud and Related Causes of Action Under 12 O.S. §2012(B)(6)
- Medical Marijuana in Pennsylvania: What Employers in the Oil and Gas Industry Should Know
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court holds that, in absence of physical intrusion into subsurface of neighbor’s land, a company’s use of hydraulic fracturing does not defeat application of rule of capture. Court declines to decide whether an intrusion by fracturing fluid would constitute trespass.
- Texas Holds that Contractual Conditions Preclude Partnership and Judgment Exceeding Half-a-Billion
The Oil & Gas E-Report is a quarterly newsletter that began in 2018. It contains articles of current interest to oil and gas practitioners and is assembled by a geographically diverse group of editors from private practice, in-house, and academia. This e-publication is the successor to IEL’s print publication, the Oil and Gas Reporter, which was published from 1952-2017.
IEL E-Communications Committee Chair
- Eric C. Camp, Decker Jones, PC
- Keith B. Hall, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Kevin C. Abbott, Law Office of Kevin C. Abbott
- Michael B. Bennett, Eversheds Sutherland
- Bradford Berge, Holland & Hart LLP
- Mark D. Christiansen, Edinger Leonard & Blakley PLLC
- Earl DeBrine, Jr., Modrall Sperling
- Sharon O. Flanery, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Jana Grauberger, Liskow & Lewis
- Aimee W. Hebert, Kelly Hart & Pitre
- John T. Kalmbach, Cook, Yancey, King & Galloway
- Kenneth Klemm, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Michael P. Lennon, Jr., Mayer Brown LLP
- Daniel M. McClure, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- John W. Morrison, Crowley Fleck PLLP
- Jennifer Walter Mosley, Chevron
- Barclay Nicholson, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Scott A. O’Connor, Gordon, Arata, Montgomery, Barnett, McCollam, Duplantis & Eagan, LLC
- Patrick S. Ottinger, Ottinger Hebert, L.L.C.
- Joseph K. Reinhart, Babst Calland
- Bruce F. Rudoy, Babst Calland
- Gregory D. Russell, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Frédéric (Freddy) Sourgens, Washburn University School of Law
- Michael K. Vennum, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
Please forward any comments, submissions, or suggestions to any of the IEL’s Associate Director,
Vickie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.