In an effort to ensure the safety of participants and staff, participants will be required to follow certain procedures that comply with the CDC as well as CAIL-mandated safety protocols:
- No one will be permitted to enter the building who: generally feels ill, has a temperature of 100.0 or over, is experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 infection symptoms, or has knowingly recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Face masks covering the mouth and nose are required at all times; including at the CAIL entry/exit doors and in all common areas.*
* CAIL strongly encourages the wearing of masks even while seated in class, but in order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and maintain an interactive learning experience, course participants may choose from the following options for their class participation when available:
- Participants who prefer a setting that requires masks to be worn at all times will be assigned to Classroom A; Face coverings are only removed for brief moments to eat or drink.
- Participants who prefer a less restrictive environment may choose Classroom B. In this room, masks may be removed while students are seated at their desks – but must be worn while entering the classroom, and anytime moving around in the classroom.
- Everyone entering the building will be required to complete the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Questionnaire on a daily basis, to be reviewed by CAIL staff.
- Upon entry, everyone is encouraged to wash hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. In the event soap and water are not available, sanitizer with an alcohol content of 60% or more may be used. Time will be allotted throughout the day to allow for frequent washing of hands.
- In addition to wearing masks, participants and staff must maintain social distancing by maintaining a minimum six-foot separation from each other, and an even greater separation will be maintained to the extent practical. Restrooms are limited to 2 persons at a time.
- Instructors will also wear face masks and maintain social distancing in the building. When actively teaching, instructors will have the option 1) continue to wear a face mask or 2) wear a plastic face shield instead and stand behind available plastic barriers (double shield) while maintaining a 12 foot distance from others in the classroom.
- Access to building areas will be limited the assigned classroom(s), common areas and outdoors. The upstairs staff areas, the kitchen, and the vending machines are closed at this time.
- Anyone who develops symptoms related to COVID-19 while at the building must notify program staff. They will be isolated until appropriate transportation to home and/or doctor can be obtained. Others in the building will be notified of any confirmed or likely exposure to COVID-19, while following HIPAA protocols. Appropriate health authorities will be notified and their guidance followed.
- The CAIL building will be cleaned and disinfected with cleaners recommended by the CDC nightly, including high-touch areas and shared spaces. All CAIL staff will also follow the above protocols.
Guidance will be reviewed regularly and updated as necessary. [v 10/14/20]